Sunday, November 9, 2008

knowing when and where good is

my tongue was at my teeth, my palate was high and i was thinking "o", i was in the mask and had the "tube" idea going, i was supported low and round, i took gently full breaths,  my jaw was unhinged and relaxed, my neck was supple and fat, i waited for the sound to come to me.  

most of the time this worked. sometimes i heard my speech habits creep in.  i did not get hung up in my passaggio.  but, of course, the overachieving controller that takes over got involved.  this was the first time i sang high sustained notes (including the high c).  it started out fine, but i pushed it to distortion at times. this is uncharted territory and i did make a different choice--- that of going for it instead of staying safe.   okay, so now i regroup. i've got this experience under my belt and from here i learn what i need to do/not do/ do too much/too little.   

No comments: