Monday, November 10, 2008

meatballs without borders

MWB is a global italian heritage program bringing creative cuisine to the world.  this program was originated by my mother, carmela, who made meatballs every sunday and fed them to whomever came within sniffing distance to her kitchen and beyond.   she even sent them to my brother once at boot camp, she brought them to me when she visited to the west coast, she sent them in sandwiches on car trips, they were brought on picnics by request.   it is not about the meatballs literally, it is about creative cooking with love and outreach to the bland palates and lives of our global community. 

my neighbor has never refused my offerings of baked apples, scones, chili, etc.  she unknowingly is a recipient of MWB.  the tradition lives on.....    have you meatballed anyone lately?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Meatball me!!!!!!

that's a cute tradition!